Thursday 26 July 2007

Did I swap or didn't I ?


Ok so you are up to date with what new dilemma I had to face.


The guy who rang me at 5pm offered me £800 cash or his car as a straight swap.


What car was it ? a vauxhall vectra !!!! my first thought in my head was eurrgggghh ! but I thought I would ask him more about it anyway and here is exactly what it was :


S Reg Vauxhall vectra 2.0l diesel, top of the range (all electrics, alloys, air con, sunroof, on board computer etc) 117,000 miles navy blue, very good condition, FULL SERVICE HISTORY and only 1 owner from new !!!!!! PLUS 4 months MOT !!!


So what do you think I did ?? of course I swapped it ! - parkers car guide price is £2040 for this exact model for an S reg.
I also ran a hpi check on this car just to make sure (cost me £9.95) and it came back 100% clear !
So lets give this an update now
I bought car 1 (the ka) for £800 and sold it for £1000 so I made £200 profit
I bought car 2 (the saxo) for £650 + £35 for the mot + £5 for the advert in the paper
I then swapped car 2 for car 3. So my cost so far is this
£695 - £200 PROFIT = £495 of my own money (investment )for this S Reg vectra !
Do you think I done the right thing ? comments appreciated, also be intereseted to hear what how much you think I should advertise it for in next weeks paper (I managed to persuade him to give me the full log book - to retain only 1 owner status !) so no waiting from dvla !
I have an idea what I am going to advertise it for (basically I want to make enough money to give my initial investment back to me and then use all the left over money to buy the next one) so then I am operating ALWAYS on a profit and never on my own money
Thanks for reading


No comments: