Friday 13 July 2007

dilema time ! what would you do ?

Ok so I have woken up this morning with a dilema on my hands !

Knowing the extras with this car and afer checking out similar ones on ebay, I am tempted to advertise this car as it is for £1000 and see if I get any takers. It cost's £7 to advertise the car for 2 weeks in my local free paper. I could have the car back in the paper and possibly sold by this time next week if I tried this option at a cost of £7.

I would just need to make the advert fancier than a cillit bang advert otherwise I will not get much interest - this advert needs to say "Buy me I am your dream car" to a prospective buyer.

Another option is to put it on ebay (not sure of cost) but this also runs the risk of hassle and time wasters like Mr bluchivelski from nigeria wanting me to post the car abroad in exchange for half of his dying fathers fortune ($143 million last time he offered - but i sadly declined) plus I do not really want to do this, as I want to keep to the rules at all time - selling the cars I buy, fromthe same paper I bought them from.

The third option is put it in for an MOT (cost £40) and see what they come back with as needs doing and how much it will cost to get an MOT on it - could be £50, could be £500 I have no idea.

Hmmmmmmm what would you do ?

option 1 - readvertise the car for £1000 and try to make some pure profit with no hassle (like I did with the first car)

option 2 - put it on ebay (my least likely for reasons stated above)

option 3 - spend £40 on MOT and hope it doesn't need much doing

4 comments:

Stu Foster said...

MOT it mate. won't sell without in my opinion.

12 months test and it will go out the door.

richbefore30 said...

Hi Stu,

Yep I am going to do that ! the book value I had for it was wrong too - it is valued at £1960 according to parkers car guide august 2007 edition, and thats without the 17" wheels and tyres, which are selling on ebay 2nd hand for approx £250-400 !

I am going to put it in for the MOT on monday and see what happens. If it fails on lots of things, I may buy a set of standard saxo alloys and sell the wheels seperatly and then sell the car for £900-£1000 spares or repair lol ! people down here love spares or repair cars for some reason. Only time will tell :-)

max99 said...

so whats your decision ? you sold it ? or getting MOT for it ?

richbefore30 said...

hi max - 2 more blog posts coming up in the next 30 minutes for the result !